First Time Installations - click here
- Instructions for updating your version of SpecLink-E - click here.
If you are moving the SpecLink-E software, please contact Support at 800-266-7732 or email us prior to starting the move.
With this release you can enable full text search within the SpecLink-E database. Please check our Release Notes for further details.
The Corporate installation and update package is downloaded as an ISO installer to the server where SpecLink-E is installed.
***Please note, as part of the client update for this version you will need to have .NET 4.5.2. Below is a link for this installer:
To identify and download the appropriate installer:
1. Confirm that you are logged in to Windows as the Administrator.
2. Verify that all Windows updates have been downloaded and installed. For new installations, go to step 6. For update installations, continue with step 4.
Reboot your server after running Windows updates.
3. For new installations, go to step 6. For update installations, continue with step 4.
4. For users updating your program you will need to download the SQLVersion.exe to determine which version of SQL you are using
You must run the program on the server where the SpecLink-E databases are installed.
Double click the program to run it
5. If the program reports that you are using SQL Server version 2008 R2 (SP1), click here to download SpecLink-E Version 22.214.171.124 (Corporate Edition) installer ISO file, note the directory to which you are downloading it.
6. If the program reports that you are using SQL Server version 2012 (SP1) or if this is a new installation, click here to download SpecLink-E Version 126.96.36.199 (Corporate Edition) installer ISO file, note the directory to which you are downloading it.'
7. Once the download is complete, run the installer by using the set of steps below that is appropriate for your operating system.
Note: If you use LinkMan-E, you will need to update it to its latest version, which can be found here.
To run the installer in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32- or 64-bit):
1. Download and install a DVD drive emulator, such as Virtual CloneDrive.
2. Right-click the SLE ISO installer (that you downloaded in the previous set of steps) and then select “Mount.” If this option is not available, return to step 1 and verify that you have successfully installed a DVD drive emulator.
3. Using Windows explorer, browse to the drive that shows SLE_Corp_Full_9350 for SQL 2012 users, or SLE_Corp_Full_2008_9350 for SQL 2008 users.
4. Double-click the drive and then run SpecLink-E_Corp_setup.exe to start the installer.
To run the installer in Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2012 SP2:
1. Right-click the SLE ISO installer (that you downloaded in the previous set of steps) and then select “Mount.”
2. Using Windows explorer, browse to the drive that shows SLE_Corp_Full_9350 for SQL 2012 users, or SLE_Corp_Full_2008_9350 for SQL 2008 users.
3. Double-click the drive and then run SpecLink-E_Corp_setup.exe to start the installer.
All Corporate users will be required to log in to SpecLink-E with a user ID and password that are assigned to them by their SpecLink-E System Manager. The user ID must be in the form of an email address and the password must be a minimum of 4 characters in length. To assist you in importing your users’ credentials quickly and easily, we have provided a utility that enables you to create a .csv file for that purpose. It can be downloaded by clicking here.
Once the users’ credentials have been imported, you can easily modify them from the Tools tab by clicking on Assign System Roles. The download includes the program file along with a sample .csv file and a guide on how to use the program.
The default Administrator User ID is email@example.com.
The Password is speclinke.
- Release Notes - Release Version: 188.8.131.52 Release Date: April 10, 2018
If you are having a problem installing our software, please check the 3 issues below. If the problem continues, please contact us.
Are you logged in to both Windows and SpecLink-E as the System Administrator and System Manager respectively?
Are there any incomplete Windows updates?
Have you rebooted your server after running Windows updates?