BSD approaches the subject of enabling the specifying design professional to make efficient and effective decision making in a variety of ways. We have always had content and functionality within each section explaining how to specify and we are continuously adding links to additional supporting documentation here on the web.
- Master Notes are structured to provide a vast amount of information, guidance and education on various options and decisions the user must make to create a compete specification and define project requirements. Embedded Intelligent Linking also provides significant guidance to user decision-making.
- Optional Checklists, where included in Sections, have decision specific considerations and are engineered to intuitively guide the user through the major decisions required in the section, and the related decisions that affect other sections.
- Our continuous updating is integral to this information and functionality as well.
On the web:
The goal is to help one get prepared to specify, what questions one may need to ask and in many cases, we are sharing additional research and insight that we used in creating or overhauling our sections to stay on top of industry changes and trends.
The following linked documents can be thought of as additional, supplemental material to the specification sections within SpecLink-E. If you're confused about which section to use for a specific project, or for example unclear on, say, the differences between different types of air handling units, transformers or maybe waterproofing or sealant applications, or sustainable design issues we hope we can clear up those questions.
We plan to greatly expand the listed documents here, for every section in SpecLink-E, so bookmark this page for future reference. Please contact us at email@example.com if you feel there is an area that could benefit from additional information via our supporting documents.
- Where do I find content on a specific section?
- MF95 to MF04-16+ cross-reference
- Summary of Masterformat 2016 Changes
- Divisions 00, 01, and Design Criteria - Summary
- Section 07 9200 - Joint Sealants
- Section 08 1174 - Sliding Metal Grilles
- Section 08 3477 - Smoke and Fire Protective Curtain Assemblies
- Section 08 8000 - Glazing
- Section 08 8836.21 - Electrochromic Tintable Glass
- Paint Strategy for 2015 - Supporting Documents (Sections 09 9113 and 09 9123)
- Section 10 1500 - Video Display Systems
- Section 11 1400 - Pedestrian Control Equipment
- Section 13 3423.16 - Fabricated Control Booths
- Elevators - Supporting Documents (Sections 14 2020, 14 2100, and 14 2400)
- Section 21 0500 - Common Work Results for Fire Suppression
- Section 21 0523 - General-Duty Valves for Water-Based Fire-Suppression Piping
- Section 21 0716 - Fire Suppression Equipment Insulation
- Section 21 1100 - Facility Fire-Suppression Water-Service Piping
- Section 23 3600 - Air Terminal Units
- Section 26 0520 - Undercarpet Cables
- Section 26 0573 - Power System Studies
- Section 26 2419 - Motor-Control Centers
- Section 26 2913 - Enclosed Controllers
- Division 46 - Water And Wastewater Equipment
- Specifying for LEED v4 Using SpecLink-E
- SpecLink-E and LEED v4 Material Content Credits
- SpecLink-E and LEED v4 Low-Emitting Materials
- SpecLink-E Model Project