Title: MasterFormat™, Master List of Numbers and Titles for the Construction Industry
This publication contains a complete list of the Construction Specifications Institute's recommended taxonomy of section numbers and titles, as well as a key word index to aid in finding the appropriate section number. This is one resource that should be on every spec writer's "must-have" list. Very useful if sections that are not in your master are to be added. Also useful for coordinating between disciplines and between portions of the specification prepared by different consultants.
- Latest Update: 2016 (most current edition since CSI/CSC initiated the 2004/2012 Update bi-annual update cycle)
- Publisher: Construction Specifications Institute and Construction Specifications Canada, www.csinet.org
- Format: Print publication with CD-ROM; complete pdf copy.
- Masterformat 1995/2004 cross-reference guide (.xls) http://www.bsdsoftlink.com/main.bsdsoftlink.com/images/Documents/mf04_Mf95_section_cross-reference.xls
- Where to Buy: On-line; www.csinet.org.
- Highly recommended
The editions from 2004 on are similar but a significant departure from the 1995 edition. BSD SpecLink-E is kept in sync with the 2004/2012+ Update; MasterFormat updates every two years. Note the Title Sequence Master Notes typically show the MF 95 legacy number where it existed under MasterFormat 1995 as an aid to those needing to transition or backdate to the older standard.