Section 11 6143 - Stage Curtains is a new Section providing criteria for specifying stage curtains as well as track systems they are suspended from.
These curtains may be specified as one of the following:
- Inherently Flame Retardant (IFR).
- Durable Flame Retardant (DFR) or Permanently Flame Retardant (PFR).
- Flame Retardant (IFR) that is a topical treatment and is only certified for a limited period, typically one year.
There are numerous types of stage curtain fabrics that may be specified and the application this fabric may be used for, such as the following:
- 25 ounces per linear yard polyester velour used for draw curtains.
- 100 percent cotton, at least 18 ounces per linear yard used for cyclorama curtains.
Various types of linings, muslin, scrims and drops are also available. Layout of curtain tracks would be shown on drawings, and specified as heavy-duty, medium-duty, and aluminum or steel in specification along with necessary accessories and modes of operation.